The shape of the pie is not preliminary. It can be square or round, open or closed. Served with borscht, sour milk, mushroom loaf
How to cook Yavoriv pie
Therefore, buckwheat was very actively used in Ukrainian cuisine. And not only her, be sure to try buckwheat flour pancakes with curd filling.
For the Yavoriv pie, which is several hundred years old, you need boiled cereals and mashed potatoes. They add fried onions.
The more browned the onions, the juicier the filling.
You don’t need to tamp the stuffing too tightly, you should breathe as it were. Here’s what food blogger Lilia Tsvet recommends.
Yavorev pie / Photo: Lilia Tsvet
- flour – 100 g;
- sugar – 1 tbsp. for ;
- dry yeast – 1 teaspoon, pressed – 10 g;
- water – 200 ml.
- vegetable oil – 2 tbsp. for ;
- salt – 1 teaspoon;
- Flour – 300 g.
to fill in:
- potatoes – 6-8 pcs.;
- raw buckwheat – 0.5 tablespoon;
- onion – 1 pc.;
- pepper salt.
How to cook:
- Mix the flour (100 g) with the salt and yeast. Add warm water. Pressed yeast must be diluted with water, then add flour.
- Cover and leave for 30 minutes.
- Add the salt and the rest of the flour. Knead a soft dough, it will be a little sticky on your hands. Cover and warm for an hour.
- Combine mashed potatoes with boiled buckwheat, add fried onions and spices to taste. mix up.
- Pour the dough, cut it into two parts, and roll it out on a dusty surface.
- Lay most of them in a quilted shape, to form the sides. Sprinkle the filling. Covering the second part, fixing the edges. Poke holes around the circumference with a fork. Cover and let it warm for 15-20 minutes.
- Brush with yolk and bake in an oven preheated to 175 degrees for 45 minutes.
Watch the recipe author’s video for pie formation details.
Here you will find a cabbage recipe with fresh cabbage.