They are also loved to eat in Cuba. They come in the form of balls and cylinders. Pork, chicken, buffalo and tuna are used in the filling
How to cook pork croquettes / Photo: latinamommeals.com
It is wrong to say that croquette is a Spanish culinary invention, which was then brought to Cuba. They are found almost everywhere, and their history can be traced back to the 17th century.
France should be considered the birth country of the croquet, but it reached incredible popularity in Spain. There they are used as snacks for beer and wine, and are cooked with anything from chicken and buffalo to mushrooms and tuna.
By the way, the Spanish salad with tuna is also worth trying.
Therefore, croquettes are a very tasty snack and a great hot snack that you can have at work.
We offer a recipe from latinamommeals.com, a subspecies of Cuban croquette. Their mass is prepared in one pan. Then the dough should be cooled a little, form croquettes, round or oblong, and fry in vegetable oil.
- 50 grams butter
- 3 tbsp. to. finely chopped onion
- Parsley, salt, pepper and spices.
- 2 tbsp. to. tomato sauce
- 200 g (+ -) flour;
- 250 ml of milk
- 250 g finely minced pork;
- 2 scrambled eggs
- Bread crumbs.
How to cook:
- Melt the butter over a medium heat and add the onions. Cook for two minutes or until tender.
- Add tomato sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add the flour and slowly pour into the milk. Reduce the heat if necessary to avoid burning.
- Keep whisking until it thickens, about 5 minutes. Add pork.
- Once the sauce thickens, stir and continue to cook until the mixture stops sticking to the pan and turns into a clump-like texture.
- Remove it from the pan and let it cool to room temperature. Cover with cling film and put in the fridge for 2-4 hours.
- Take a tablespoon of cold croquette dough and roll it into a ball, then shape it into a small cylinder.
- Dip in egg mixture and roll in breadcrumbs.
- Fry in hot oil for 2-4 minutes or until light golden brown. Place the croquettes on a plate lined with paper towels.
And if ground beef is available, try the Cuban piccadillo for dinner.