Before adding milk to the dough, it must be slightly warmed with butter and vanilla sugar. The flour must be sifted
hot milk pie
In general, homemade pies are divided into two groups – with additives, often with apples, or without them, but with a pronounced specific taste.
One such pie is the hot milk pie. Hot, because the milk for the dough needs to be heated, then cooled a little and added to the mass.
There are options when milk acts as an inoculation. But this is for those who love the taste and smell of milk.
After the cooking steps, watch the video from recipe author Ellen’s Kitchen. The milk and flour mixture is added in several stages: first and immediately before baking.
Milk pancake recipe
- eggs – 4 pcs.;
- sugar – 250 g;
- flour – 350 g;
- baking powder – 2 tsp;
- a pinch of salt;
- butter – 70 g;
- milk – 240 g;
- Vanilla sugar – 1 teaspoon
How to cook:
- Beat eggs with a pinch of salt and sugar until fluffy.
- Combine the sifted flour with baking powder and add to the egg mixture in portions. Leave a little. Mix until smooth with a whisk.
- In a saucepan, heat the milk with the butter and vanilla sugar until the butter is completely melted. Cool a little and add to the dough in two batches. Leave a little.
- Add the rest of the flour and milk and mix until smooth.
- Pour into a lined form and bake in an oven preheated to 180 degrees for 35-40 minutes.
- Garnish with berries or powdered sugar.
You will see the steps for kneading the milk pancake dough below.
Be sure to try the beautiful Irish apple pie, it is also suitable for the holidays.