Elizabeth II is very fond of drinking tea, because she is a real British woman. And with a cup of tea, cakes are often served to the queen, which she and her guests cut, spread with jam and whipped cream.
King Bun Ingredients:
- 500 grams plain flour
- 28 grams of baking powder
- 94 g butter
- 86 grams of sugar
- 2 eggs
- 140 ml full fat milk
- 100 g of currant raisins (it must first be poured with boiling water and left for 30 minutes)
Favorite Royal Buns (express.co.uk)
Step by step cooking cakes:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix flour, baking powder, butter and sugar until crumbly.
- Whisk eggs and milk in another bowl
- Add the butter and milk mixture to the crumb mixture.
- Keep kneading the dough until it becomes homogeneous.
- Add the soaked and dried raisins and knead into the dough.
- Cover the dough with cling film and let it rest for 30 minutes.
- Roll out the dough to a thickness of 2.5 cm and cut it as desired.
- Cover and let it rest for another 20 minutes.
- Transfer to a baking tray lined with parchment, brush with eggs and bake in a preheated oven until completely golden.
At the royal table, cakes are usually cut in half and smeared with jam and whipped cream. Use it with tea.