And you need tomatoes that are very dense and ripe. The amount of flour in the recipe is conditional, that is, you may need more if the tomatoes give a lot of juice.
Greek cuisine still surprises us with great pleasure. And if the very unexpected skordalia potato pie is primarily a side dish, then these tomato cutlets are an independent whole dish.
And, of course, domatokeftedes will not be the same without feta cheese, crumble it with your hands and add to the mass.
It is advisable to remove the peel of the tomato, but, according to nekrasoffa_lenka, it will not hurt the skin and will not be felt in cutlets.
Served with tzazziki domatokeftedes, we remind you that this is a Greek yogurt sauce with fresh cucumber, garlic and dill.
Greek tomato cutlets
- 250 g of ripe dense tomatoes;
- half an onion
- Parsley, coriander and mint.
- 1 egg;
- 110 g flour (+ -);
- 80 gm of feta cheese
- 2 garlic cloves;
- Salt, black pepper, thyme.
How to cook:
- Cut the onions into very small cubes.
- Remove the seeds and excess liquid from the tomatoes, and chop them. Leave the liquid.
- Add eggs to the vegetables, pass the garlic through the juicer, finely chopped greens, chopped feta.
- Add flour, salt, pepper and oregano. to stir well. At this stage, you need to adjust the density of the dough with tomato juice or flour..
- Fry over medium heat, put on a paper towel. Served with tzatziki.
Be sure to try a Greek casserole, it needs zucchini.