Apricots can be enjoyed not only fresh. The fruit is great for preparations, like jam, for the winter. A simple step-by-step recipe that anyone can handle will allow you to cook it.
- apricots – 1 kg;
- water – 180 ml;
- sugar – 1 kg.
How to make apricot jam for the winter:
- To make apricot jam for the winter, sort out the fruits and remove the rotten ones, which are very soft and tough. Put the apricots in a bowl of cold water and leave for five minutes. Then rinse and put in a colander. Transfer the apricots to a towel and allow them to dry completely.
- Cut the apricots in half and remove the cores. Now weigh the fruits and measure the appropriate amount. Put the apricots in a jam jar or a large saucepan, sprinkle with sugar, and leave for 12 hours until the apricots release their juice.
- Pour water into the apricots, mix and put on medium heat. Gently stir with a wooden spoon until the sugar is evenly heated and does not burn.
- When all the sugar has dissolved, leave the syrup to boil. Reduce the heat a little – the syrup should not boil much. Never skim the foam or you won’t get a pure syrup.
- Simmer the jam over low heat, stirring occasionally, 45-50 minutes. Check the readiness of the jam: put a drop of the syrup on the saucer, leave for a minute, then turn the saucer in different directions. If the jam is ready, the drop will not spread.
- Remove the jam from the heat, cover with a towel or cotton cloth and let cool completely. Transfer the cooled jam to clean and dry the jars and close the lids. Store it at room temperature.